STORE MODERNISATION THAT WORKS
Change for the sake of change is an expensive solution. And, if not done right, will likely not translate into an increase in a good shopping experience and sales level. A smart store remodeling is much more than a visual facelift. The most important thing is what can’t be seen at first glance, i.e. customer and employee experience. So how to plan pro-sales store refits across Europe?
STORE REFITS ACROSS EUROPE – WHAT IS IT EXACTLY?
Store remodeling is a modernization that is most often carried out for newly established and other, older stores to obtain a visual and functional consistency. It also includes changes in terms of increasing the sales potential, considering the principles of customer experience and conclusions from the data analysis. International brands do their store refits across Europe and beyond, globally.
Store refits can be done:
- partially: in this case a particular store fixture is added. Adding a self-checkout piece would be a good example here,
- zonal: includes all or selected aspects related to the visual and functionality of a relevant zone. Very often it is done for a checkout zone, fitting room zone or a promotion zone,
- full refit: includes all or most of the store fixtures and fittings.
HOW TO GET READY TO DO STORE REFITS ACROSS EUROPE?
HASTE MAKES WASTE!
Rush decisions are usually wrong. Because remodeling requires a strategic vision integrated into a specific budget, a detailed work schedule and consistency in the implementation of the assumed plan. If one of these elements begins to fail, there is a considerable risk that the modernization will not succeed. That is why it is worth entrusting this task to experienced specialists with proven know-how.
WHAT TO CONSIDER IN STORE REMODELING?
Remodeling is much more than typical visual changes that can be immediately seen with the naked eye. Equally important, and maybe even more important, are such issues as:
- the rhythm of communication in commercial spaces
- freedom of movement in the alleys
- interaction issues between the customer and the store staff
- balance between modern solutions and traditional forms of customer service
- intuitive division into product zones
- hierarchical arrangement of shelves and display platforms
- quick finding of the most frequently chosen merchandise
- convenience of using the fitting room
- effective presentation of top products / collections and promotion
- triggering pleasant pro-shopping impulses in the checkout zone
- convenient packaging of purchased items
- pleasant shopping memories on a sensual level (music, fragrance).
DATA, DATA, DATA!
The foundation of effective remodeling of the store is an in-depth and detailed data analysis. Plus, tests that provide answers to important questions related to customer experience and employee experience. In other words, the new arrangement of the commercial space will probably not translate into the expected results if it is not planned based on the preferences of customers and store employees. It is worth adding that the success of remodeling is reflected in the sum of positive impressions of buyers and employees.
When planning store refits across Europe a retailer needs to:
- act on reliable sales data
- interview employees
- organize a focus meeting with clients in relevant countries
- prepare various layouts (it is worth subjecting them to customer and employee evaluation)
- perform a test remodeling of a store
- make possible changes to the visual and functional aspects
- prepare a detailed implementation plan for the modernization project for relevant countries
WHAT ELSE TO REMEMBER?
So, your store refits plan is ready. What next? How to make it happen? It’s critical to choose a reliable contractor that:
- has relevant experience backed by a solid portfolio
- ensures excellent workmanship and timely delivery of store fixtures
- guarantees professional installation across the market of operations
They also should offer:
- disassembly and removal of old furniture and equipment
- painting and construction works to achieve visual consistency.
At CAPS Group we have completed many store modernisation projects across Europe.
Are you planning store refits across Europe? It is your responsibility to choose the right contractor – contact us now – we will take care of the rest!